(The video will be available on 8/3 8:30am)
If video cannot play, please try click this!
Sermon : The Second Sunday of Lent: Self-Worth
Preacher : Dr. Jonathan LO
Scripture : Luke 19:1-10
- Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through.
- A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy.
- He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.
- So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
- When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”
- So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
- All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
- But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
- Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.
- For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”