Date︰Sep 2, 2018
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Two Prayers of Jesus: Thy Will Be Done
Passage︰Matthew 6:9-13; John 17:20-26
- “This, then, is how you should pray:“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us today our daily bread.
- And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
- that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
- I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
- I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
- “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
- “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
- I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”