Date︰Oct 6, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰A New beginning
- One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, the people were crowding around him and listening to the word of God.
- He saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets.
- He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.
- When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
- Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
- When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.
- So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
- When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!”
- For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken,
- and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners. Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.”
- So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.