Date︰Oct 13, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰The Earliest Church
- God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.
- Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.
- For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand
- until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” ’
- “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
- When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
- Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
- With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
- Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.