Date︰Nov 25, 2018
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰David & Nathan: Calling of Special Leader
Passage︰II Samuel 7:4-17
- But that night the word of the Lord came to Nathan, saying:
- “Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord says: Are you the one to build me a house to dwell in?
- I have not dwelt in a house from the day I brought the Israelites up out of Egypt to this day. I have been moving from place to place with a tent as my dwelling.
- Wherever I have moved with all the Israelites, did I ever say to any of their rulers whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?”’
- “Now then, tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty says: I took you from the pasture, from tending the flock, and appointed you ruler over my people Israel.
- I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth.
- And I will provide a place for my people Israel and will plant them so that they can have a home of their own and no longer be disturbed. Wicked people will not oppress them anymore, as they did at the beginning
- and have done ever since the time I appointed leaders over my people Israel. I will also give you rest from all your enemies. “‘The Lord declares to you that the Lord himself will establish a house for you:
- When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom.
- He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
- I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.
- But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you.
- Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’”
- Nathan reported to David all the words of this entire revelation.