Date︰May 5, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Render to God
- Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words.
- They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?
- Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.”
- They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they replied.
- Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”And they were amazed at him.