Date︰May 26, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Remember and Hold On (2)
Passage︰2 Timothy 1:1-14;4:6-8
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,
- To Timothy, my dear son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.
- Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.
- I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
- For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prison-er. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.
- He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
- but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Je-sus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
- And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher.
- That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
- What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
- Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
- For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my depar-ture is near.
- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the right-eous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.