Date︰May 12, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Remember and Hold On (1)
Passage︰2 Timothy 1:1-14; 4:6-8
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,
- To Timothy, my dear son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.
- Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.
- I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
- For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.
- He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
- but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
- And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher.
- That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
- What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
- Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
- For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near.
- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.