Date︰March 18, 2018
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰A Tested Faith: Friend of Job, Is my Anger Justified?
Passage︰Job 11:1-12; 13:13-16
- Then Zophar the Naamathite replied:
- “Are all these words to go unanswered? Is this talker to be vindicated?
- Will your idle talk reduce others to silence? Will no one rebuke you when you mock?
- You say to God, ‘My beliefs are flawless and I am pure in your sight.’
- Oh, how I wish that God would speak, that he would open his lips against you
- and disclose to you the secrets of wisdom, for true wisdom has two sides. Know this: God has even forgotten some of your sin.
- “Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?
- They are higher than the heavens above—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths below—what can you know?
- Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea.
- “If he comes along and confines you in prison and convenes a court, who can oppose him?
- Surely he recognizes deceivers; and when he sees evil, does he not take note?
- But the witless can no more become wise than a wild donkey’s colt can be born human.
- “Keep silent and let me speak; then let come to me what may.
- Why do I put myself in jeopardy and take my life in my hands?
- Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.
- Indeed, this will turn out for my deliverance, for no godless person would dare come before him!