Date︰Mar 17, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰I Will Sing A New Song
- I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
- He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
- He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.
- Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
- Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.
- Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but my ears you have opened— burnt offerings and sin offerings[d] you did not require.
- Then I said, “Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll.
- I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”
- I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know.
- I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.
- Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
- For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.
- Be pleased to save me, Lord; come quickly, Lord, to help me.
- May all who want to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
- May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!” be appalled at their own shame.
- But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The Lord is great!”
- But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay.