Date︰June 9, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Pentecost and the Unforgivable Sin
- Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat.
- When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”
- And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
- So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables:“How can Satan drive out Satan?
- If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
- If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
- And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.
- In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house.
- Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter,
- but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
- He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”
- Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him.
- A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”
- “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked.
- Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!
- Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”