Date︰June 2, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Faith and Works
- So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart.
- But when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites and the people of Ashdod heard that the repairs to Jerusalem’s walls had gone ahead and that the gaps were being closed, they were very angry.
- They all plotted together to come and fight against Jerusalem and stir up trouble against it.
- But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat.
- Meanwhile, the people in Judah said, “The strength of the laborers is giving out, and there is so much rubble that we cannot rebuild the wall.”
- Also our enemies said, “Before they know it or see us, we will be right there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work.”
- Then the Jews who lived near them came and told us ten times over, “Wherever you turn, they will attack us.”