Date︰July 22, 2018
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰Faith: We Shall Overcome
Passage︰Hebrews 11: 1, 8-10, Isaiah 2:1-4
- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
- By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
- By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
- For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
- This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
- In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
- Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
- He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take
up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.