Date︰Jul 14, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰The Kingdom Draws Near
- Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God,
- and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
- Passing alongside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew the brother of Simon casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.
- And Jesus said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”
- And immediately they left their nets and followed him.
- And going on a little farther, he saw James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, who were in their boat mending the nets.
- And immediately he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants and followed him.
- And they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath he entered the synagogue and was teaching.
- And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes.
- And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out,
- “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.”
- But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!”
- And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him.
- And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him.”
- And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee.