Date︰Aug 4, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰I Believe! Now What
- Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
- But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
- if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
- Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lack-ing in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.
- I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness—
- the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people.
- To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
- He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.
- To this end I strenuously con-tend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.
- I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.
- My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
- in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.
- For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
- So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,
- rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and over-flowing with thankfulness.