Date︰April 22, 2018
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰The Peter Story: Call & Work of Jesus
- One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon.
- Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts.
- When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money.
- Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!”
- So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
- Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”
- Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong.
- He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.
- When all the people saw him walking and praising God,
- they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.