Date︰Apr 14, 2019
Venue︰Tsim Sha Tsui Baptist Church
Title︰The Glory of the Transfiguration
- After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.
- There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
- Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
- Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”
- While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
- When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.
- But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.”
- When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.
- As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”
- The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”
- Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.
- But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”
- Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.